Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Sunday 6 November 2011

Taxi - the play

The play, Taxi, put up by the Actor Factor theatre group left me wondering about the extent of responsibility with the actors to explain their motives through their work. Though the hook in the promos said Beckettsian, I would not go that far. On the whole there was a disconnect, at least with me. The play somehow did not come together. The acting skills of course were good, that was the saving grace. I somehow had expected much more from Sunit Sinha, the director. Maybe, I am a little obtuse and did not quite get what they wanted to tell us. In the play, the taxi apparently took us on a ride to nowhere and that’s where I was led to - Nowhere.

No comments: