Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Madaari

Movie Review (Hindi)


Irrfan Khan is one of my favourite actors and I wanted to watch this movie only because he stars in it. As usual, he did not let me down. But the movie did. I was impressed with the opening and the jump cuts and the montage effect. Each of the actors played their parts so well but the story just lost its grip. I certainly did not expect it to end the way it did. All the effort, the buildup and then nothing. I know it is nice to reveal that our politicians fleece us and make false promises, but what's new? Also, could the director not come up with a PM who did not look like our own Prime Minister? 


The movie reminded me of A Wednesday starring Naseeruddin Shah, the common man, who like Irrfan, takes on the system and demands justice. Comparing the two, Madaari loses. 


Such scope to let the actors carry the film forward and such mishandling in telling the story!! On the whole, please watch but do not blame me if you get bored at times!!

No comments: