Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Saturday 29 November 2008

Films and Reality

A lot has happened this month. First things first. With Kalpanirjhar - the short fiction film festival happening at the Max Mueller Bhavan, Kolkata, I got to see some very well made shorts. Then followed the Kolkata Film Festival and since I got a Press card, I was able to see some great movies.

You know, had I written about these fests a few days earlier I would have been more elaborate... but now all these wonderful experiences just seem to melt into the shadows. I am still in a state of shock. I do not know how to react to what has happened in Mumbai. It now seems that living is a bonus. Through those 60 hours, as I watched the horror unfold on TV, it was as if watching a reality show, only this time there was death, and it was very real. The tragedy hitting families seems to be my tragedy, for am I not the next potential target?

No comments: