Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Saturday 3 January 2009

A Visit and a Movie

Its 2009 - In case you hadn't realized it!! I like the word NEW attached to the year. Gives a sense of anticipation. Like 2007, 2008 too ended with me travelling, though this time it was within the State. Visited Malda after a long time. It is always lovely to meet relatives after some years and when the joy is reciprocated what more can you want. Villages I visited have changed but not much. But the state of the town really depressed me. Seems as if it is on edge -- such is the topography now. The construction business is eating up space in the most haphazard manner and there is garbage dumped almost everywhere. I hear that land is more expensive in Malda than in Kolkata!
Anyway, I returned by bus and it took 11 hours. Crossed Behrampur, Shantipur and Krishnanagar. My travelling companion was my mother. Needless to say, the tour was enjoyable.
Last month I saw a Felu da movie-- Tintorettor Jishu. The plot was interesting as all Satyajit Ray stories are. I really enjoyed the cinematography. Sobyosachi is getting a little older for the role but then his age wasn't specified so I guess that'll do, since he's a good actor.

No comments: