Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Friday 3 October 2014

Movie Review (Hindi)

Khoobsurat

The original was one of my favourite movies, mainly because the protagonist was a woman (Rekha) and she was a rebel. She stood up against the rigid rules put in place by the matriarch. I was hoping this Khoobsurat would be along those lines. Well, it was in a way. Only I did not see Sonam as the reason for my liking the movie. She was wildly over the top for me. You know, Mr Director, subtlety is not obsolete, really. I liked Ratna Pathak Shah though as the tough woman laying down tough rules. Wish the younger girl (Ratna's daughter) had more life in her. Now, I must mention the hero, Fawad Khan. Total waste of a good actor. But he kept me interested. And yes, Kiron Kher though predictable, was hilarious. Thanks for the laughs... 
Though it does bring in the big question, what had gotten into Disney to do this movie???

No comments: