Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Bajirao Mastani

Movie Review (Hindi)


To be quite truthful, I did get a little biased with all the negativity I was hearing about this movie, how it had moved away from the truth and how the greatness of the Peshwas had been put down. 

Once I saw the movie, I really appreciated it. I did not remember the historical figure, Peshwa Bajirao I or the reality of the Maratha empire. What remained with me was the scintillating story of Bajirao, a straight forward and valiant General and his love for his land and his love for Mastani.

I think Ranveer Singh is one of the actors to look out for in the near future. He literally scorches the screen with his presence. Both Priyanka (as Kashibai) and Deepika (as Mastani) have done justice to their roles and Tanvi Azmi played the strong matriarch to the hilt.


Sanjay Leela Bhansali really knows how to create magic in every shot. The end was superbly shot. The cavalry galloping into the water and the Peshwa trying to fight them off is a scene I will keep revisiting.


A must watch just to remind us of the magic that is movies.

No comments: