Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Saturday 9 March 2013

Dilli ke Pakwan (Delhi Food)



Recently the Department of Delhi Tourism organized the yummy event – Dilli ke Pakwan. I had to visit the place not once but twice to have my fill, and at no time did I find the area lacking people. What I was trying to search was for authentic Dilli ka Khana (Delhi Food). But what I found was food from neighbouring States. There was Rajasthani, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bihari and Tamil food.  Is Delhi food then a conglomeration of all these foods?


Dilli ke Pakwan

I must say I was overjoyed to see Daulat ki Chaat, made from milk after it has beaten beaten for over eight hours!!! It simply melts in the mouth leaving no aftertaste of excessive cream, though why it should be called chaat beats me.  Tilla kulfi (milk ice cream on a stick) was another hit. Once out of the mould, the kulfi is dipped into a pail of rabri (thickened sweetened milk) and handed over. Sinfully delicious!!
But beware, the food is spicy and oily too. So take precautions.



Vast Array of Food

Daulat ki Chaat

Golgappe

Tilla Kulfi
Paan



No comments: