Movie Reviews, Theatre in India, Travel trails --- see images of life through Sonali Jha Chatterjee's logbook...

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Movie Review - The Oscars




Django Unchained: This is an out and out Quentin Tarantino movie and yes I am not a big fan of blood and gore. Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio as well as Christoph Waltz try to outshine each other with their acting skills, but for me the person who takes the cake is Samuel L Jackson, a senior slave at Leonardo’s household, who hates all slaves, especially those who are free like Django. Its a story of love, of fearlessness, a lot of killings and a lot of blood.

Amour: I will never understand why Emmanuelle Riva, the veteran actress, did not bag the best actress Oscar!! She is amazing. Every nuance of a person suffering from stroke was followed by her. I really have no idea how she got her role to this level. She is now on my list of top five actors. Thank you Emmanuelle, for giving us Anne’s heart wrenching situation. It was terrible just watching her lying helpless, trying to communicate with her husband and daughter. The end came as a shock but I cannot blame him.

No comments: